Whether you are planning to take care of the entire move with the help of friends, or are planning a full-service move with the assistance of a professional moving company, like Cross Country Movers, you are going to need plenty of high quality moving supplies. You will be able to buy most supplies, such as boxes, bubble wrap, and packing paper, while other supplies and equipment that could come in handy can easily be rented. If you do not know where to go to rent hand trucks, moving dollies, and other necessities then you can find everything that you need to know by reading our article on how and where to rent moving supplies.
How and Where to Rent Moving Supplies?
The Most Important Moving Supplies and Equipment
It's not enough to just buy a lot of moving supplies, no two relocations are the same and different quantities and types of supplies are needed in different scenarios. Despite this, there are some moving supplies that you will probably need for any relocation. A few examples of these essential moving supplies are:
- Moving boxes: Moving boxes are essential for any move. No matter the size or distance of a move, boxes will be necessary. Having a variety of boxes
- Plastic wrap: Plastic wrap is essential for any move. It provides an extra layer of protection and stabilization for items during the course of the move,
- Moving blankets: Moving blankets are used for protecting furniture during moving. It will protect from dents, scratches and other possible damage with their thicker layer of material.
- Packing tape: Packing tape is used for sealing and keeping little doors closed. Proper sealing is necessary to stop items from falling out and being lost during the moving process and must be done well.
- Markers: Markers are perfect in the organizational process and marking of boxes. Marking boxes makes the unloading and unpacking process easier. There are numerous ways to organize the move, but a popular way is marking boxes by their contents and the rooms they belong in.
- Packing peanuts: Backing peanuts are essential for securing items in boxes. They fill out space with a soft and harmless substance, securing the items inside stay in place and do not fly around in the boxes.
- Packing paper: Packing paper is another must-have for ensuring items remain intact. It is ideal for wrapping smaller fragile items, or for providing a soft material in boxes that prevent breakage. Having an adequate amount at hand is necessary for any move.
Basic Packing Supplies Needed When Moving
Moving to a new home is expensive, and you will have plenty of moving expenses to worry about during the course of the move. In most cases, these moving expenses can stack up before you know it, so it is vital that to remain within the limits of the moving budget throughout the whole long-distance move. If you have not requested moving supplies from the moving company that you have hired, know that there are ways to save some money by obtaining free packing supplies. The packing supplies that you will most likely be able to secure this way are:
Moving boxes are the first thing to come to mind to those moving, as they are essential to any move. Make sure to pick up as many dry, clean, and sturdy moving boxes of various sizes as you can from nearby stores if possible.
Packing paper is excellent for protecting glass surfaces and fragile items from dirt and oil and serves as effective padding material.
Newspapers are the most accessible item to procure and probably won't cost you much. They are perfect for cushioning the items inside moving boxes and filling up any empty spaces. Be aware that they shouldn't be in direct contact with items as they can leave ink stains that are difficult to remove.
Bubble wrap is used to protect fragile, delicate, and breakable items. Bubblewrap is one of the safest protective materials used in moving, making it indispensable in the process. Try and acquire it if handling a move on your own, even if it means buying a few rolls.
Where to Rent Moving Supplies
There are plenty of places that one can go to buy or rent moving supplies and equipment. Probably the best place for renting is Home Depo. You will be able to get most of the moving supplies needed to complete your long-distance move from Home Depot. They can provide a wide array of moving supplies and equipment, some of which includes:
- Hand trucks
- Appliance dollies
- Four-wheel dollies
- Loading ramps
Where to Buy Moving Supplies
Sometimes the free moving boxes that you can get from stores are not sturdy enough. The best way to make sure that all of the moving boxes are of high quality is to buy them new. Buying boxes will enable you to get the moving boxes in the necessary sizes, materials, and quality ideal for the upcoming long-distance move. Every store selling moving boxes also sells other moving supplies as well. So, you can have your moving shopping in one place. Here are a few shops that you can visit to buy your moving supplies:
Need More Moving Supplies?
If you are in need of moving supplies and are looking for a secure source, you will be happy to know that Cross Country Movers have a broad range of supplies ideal for all sorts of moves. Check out our moving supply page and secure yourself the quality and sturdy moving supplies that are sure to help you get belongings to their destination.
If you decide that you do not have the time or do not want to take care of the whole move by yourself, then you should hire a professional moving company to help you with the cross country move. Luckily for you, you have one of the best moving companies in the country at your service, our Cross Country Movers provide you with an extensive network of dependable, long-distance moving services.