Top-Rated Saint Louis Movers
We move you anywhere –
to or from Saint Louis
What Customers Say About Our Saint Louis Movers
I was between jobs at the time and I was renting an apartment for a few months only. I found... read more this storage company on Craigslist a few blocks from my place but now it was time to settle in my new job in the south loop Chicago area. Due to the fact I was paying for storage they gave me a discount on my move. They were great with my items and everything was packed securely and safely. The overall experience from storage to moving was so great! Thank you again for all that you have done to make my life easier. read lessNicholas R.Saint Louis11/24/2016
Just had to take a few moments and thank them for the amazing job they did a few weeks ago... read more helping my parents move there furniture and belongings to their retirement home in Florida. My parents didn't have to do much they packed the items and secured them so they wouldn't get damaged. I'm in the customer service field and they exceeded all my expectations. They were very professional and careful with specific items that have been in the family for generations. So thank you again for helping my parents with this move. Will recommend read lessRory S.Saint Louis11/23/2016
I have moved five time in six years and have used Gerold Movers every time. They ALWAYS arrive on time.... read more They are very polite (they do like their cigarette breaks though ) but they take their time with my furniture and unlike other moving companies, who take their time wrapping furniture several times to up the price, these guys wrap what's necessary. I have nice furniture but by no means does everything needs wrapped a hundred times. My furniture has never been scratched by them. I made the mistake of using two men and a truck once and my bill was doubled and it took all day long! I only trust Gerold Movers! read lessChristy M.Saint Louis5/09/2017
Top Reasons For Choosing Us
Moving from Saint Louis to Richmond With Cross Country Movers
You feel you need the opportunity to start fresh and have decided to move. The elements of adventure, access, and bustling startup scene make moving to Richmond a viable option for you. But, for this big change, you will have to hire a professional Saint louis movers to help you with relocation. With a helping hand from Cross Country Movers, moving properties and offices doesn’t have to be difficult, our dedicated long distance movers are able to assist you with the packing and relocation of all sizes and kinds of items, enabling people to move without the dreaded stress with which moving is often associated. All you need to do is contact our long distance movers who will be delighted to take care of the rest. Simply complete one of our free moving quote forms, providing more information regarding the services that you require and the help that you need, after that one of our Saint louis movers will be in touch with you shortly to make arrangements.
When we say that we can handle absolutely all moves, we’re telling the truth! Not only do we offer moving services, but also a range of additional services that are incredibly helpful to those moving. Here is a short breakdown of the many ways that professional Saint Louis movers such as Cross Country Movers can help when it comes to relocation:
- Residential relocation - At Cross Country Movers, our long distance movers understand the stress involved in moving home and appreciate the importance of choosing a company you can trust. We are very proud of our moving services and our reputation. We aim to provide you with the best moving experience at an affordable price.
- Corporate Moving Services - We're able to help with the planning, packing of equipment, the transit of goods, reinstallation and the setting up of a new site. You can choose what kind of services you'd like for your specific needs or leave the rest to us to manage from start to finish.
- Professional Packing Services - Packing is an art in itself. But we are experts in this field. Special containers and equipment have been created to carefully deal with every imaginable item. Delicate articles, from glassware to entertainment centers will be carefully wrapped prior to being put into strong moving boxes. Clothing and linen will be placed into linen cartons. Furniture and polished surface items will be expertly wrapped for maximum protection. Once you reach your destination, our staff will be more than glad to help you unpack your belongings and get rid of all those boxes.
- Storage units - We offer a range of storage units to ensure that we have all of our clients covered. Whether it is self-storage, containerised storage, household storage, or business storage. Storing your belongings in our units will be completely free of charge during the first month.
- Auto transport services - we provide affordable and safe car shipping services that can help ship your car to and from anywhere in the US.
About Richmond, Virginia
Capital of Virginia
The capital of Virginia, Richmond is located at the head of the navigable part of the James River between Virginia's coastal plains and the Piedmont, beyond which are the Blue Ridge Mountains. It was incorporated in 1742 and has been an independent city since 1871. The city was named after its sister city, Richmond in London. The UK version of Richmond is an affluent suburban town just southeast of London. One of the interesting facts about the city of Richmond is that it was the polar opposite during the Civil War to its neighbor, Washington, D.C., only 100 miles to the north. While Abraham Lincoln guided the Union through the tumultuous Civil War from the White House in Washington, D.C., his southern counterpart, President Jefferson Davis did the same from Richmond.
Today, Richmond is an economically progressive city with a population of 250,000 residents, that offers a wealth of amenities not easily found among other East Coast municipalities. For the five million who visit each year, Richmond is increasingly recognized for many distinguished yet unheralded qualities long enjoyed by those who already live here.
Climate in Richmond, Virginia
Richmond, Virginia has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with almost no dry season. Dry periods lasting several weeks do occur, especially in autumn when long periods of pleasant, mild weather are most common. Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are generally cold. Snow usually accumulates in amounts of less than four inches and remains on the ground only one or two days. On average, there are 210 sunny days per year.
Economy in Richmond
Richmond's economy is primarily driven by law, finance, and government, with federal, state, and local governmental agencies, as well as notable legal and banking firms, located in the downtown area. Richmond's diversified employment base extends from chemical, food and tobacco manufacturing to biotechnology, semiconductors and high-tech fibers. The city consistently ranks among "Best Places to Live and Work in America" in several national publications. Top employers in the city are:
Education in Richmond
There are a number of good schools, colleges and universities that students moving to Richmond can attend. The Richmond public schools, one of four major systems in the area, serves almost 25,000 students, in 28 elementary schools, nine middle schools, and eight high schools. The Richmond area has many major institutions of higher education, including:
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- The University of Richmond
- Virginia Union University
- Virginia College
- Union Theological Seminary
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
Points of Interest in Richmond
Richmond is among a handful of mid-sized cities to offer a flourishing cultural community enhanced by several first-class museums, its own symphony, professional ballet and opera, and numerous theater companies and art galleries. Once you relocate to Richmond you will find a lot of interesting places to visit and will need a lot of time to explore the city. Some attractions we can recommend are:
Ready to move?
Saint Louis Cross Country Movers Review
They were able to provide advice regarding every aspect of the move!
I moved to a new apartment in Marina del Rey, CA from Seattle, WA. If you have never dealt with state to state move, it’s definitely a challenge. It was great to have help of guys from Cross Country by your side. They all proved themselves as great professionals who were able to provide advice regarding every aspect of the move! I enjoyed our interaction a lot, even considering the fact of moving being stressful. One of the reps called after the delivery was made and asked how everything went. Definitely couldn’t complain!